The Mitel phone system has a "temporary greeting" option for your voicemail. To activate this option, follow these steps:
- Go to the Voicemail system by either pressing Voice Mail on your desk phone or dialing 208-467-8989 from another phone. The toll-free number is 800-349-6957.
- Once in the system, put in your extension and you will hear your recording begin. At any time, hit *, then put in your passcode. This was your extension number when the system was set up, but you might have changed it. If you try this number and it doesn't go to your voicemail, please contact the ITS and we will reset it back to your extension number.
- Select U for "User Options"
- Select G for "Greeting"
- Select G for changing your Extended Absence Greeting
- Select R for recording your Extended Absence Greeting
- Record your greeting then press # (pound)
- Select L to listen to your greeting or select from the other menu items
- Voicemail instructions are also available on the IT website: https://it.nnu.edu/nnuphones/campusphones.
When you record the greeting and accept it, it becomes your main greeting until you go through the menu and disable the greeting. Be careful to disable the extended absence greeting until you are ready to use it. When you are ready to use it, go to U (User Options), G (Greetings), G (Change Extended Absence Greeting), E (Enable).