Your NNU username and password are tied into many different services. The following steps will help you complete the password reset process.
NNU Password Requirements
- Starting with a letter is best (upper or lower case)
- Must be at least 10 characters long
- Cannot contain any part of your username
- Old passwords cannot be reused
- It may only be changed once per day
- It must contain the following:
- Uppercase letters
- Lowercase letters
- Numbers OR Symbols - Symbols can consist of *&^%$#@!)( ?., but we suggest avoiding < > and forward slashes / if possible.
If you need help logging in or resetting your password please call the ITS Help Desk at x8111 or 208-467-8111.
If you need to change your password now, follow these steps:
- Go to https://pwd.nnu.edu/pm/ and click Change if you know your current password or click Reset if you have forgotten your password. Click Unlock if your account is locked. Follow the steps that follow.
- Computer password:
- If you are on a desktop computer on campus, your password should automatically update right away after you change it.
- If you are on a laptop, connect your computer to a network cable and port and restart your computer. Log in with your new password.
- NNU-Wireless connection password:
- Laptops - Open your wireless settings and remove the NNU-Wireless connection profile. Re-add the NNU-Wireless by connecting to it again with your username and new password.
- iPhone/iPad - Open Settings and click on WiFi. Click on NNU-Wireless and then click Forget this Network. Once it goes back to scanning for wireless networks, select NNU-Wireless and enter your username and new password.
- Android based phones and tablets - Open Settings->Wireless & networks->Wifi settings and click on NNU-Wireless. Click Forget. Follow further steps for Androids in this document, Wireless for Android Based Phones and Tablets.
- Reset your Gmail password by following the steps in this article.