Before You Start
- Make sure you have a iPhone smartphone. An iPad is not recommended unless it has a cellular connection. (Not iPhone? Android and Windows Phone)
- Make sure you have your username and password for the Apple App Store.
Download the App
To download the App, click the link below:
If you are unable to run the DUO app for some reason, such as your device is too old or your device is restricted from downloading apps, then use text message (SMS) or phone call methods.
Add Your NNU Account
Go to my.nnu.edu in a web browser (Chrome or Firefox is recommended).
Presently you need to opt-in to have your account enabled for two-step authentication. Please submit a ticket or call ITS at (208) 467-8111.
- Click the Login button and enter your NNU username and password.
- You will be prompted with a setup notification. Click Start Setup
- Select Mobile phone.
- Enter your cell phone's number (the one you are using with DUO). Hit Continue.
- Select iPhone. Hit Continue.
- Go install the DUO Mobile app from Google Play store (if you haven't already). Click I have DUO Mobile installed.
- Open DUO Mobile on your phone. If prompted to allow DUO to access your camera or allow it to send you notifications, click Allow. Click Add Account or the Add account (+ icon). Point your camera at the QR code. It will focus and take a photo automatically.
- Click Continue when a green checkbox appears over the QR code.
- At the next screen click Continue to Login unless you want to add another login option, such as a desk phone as an alternative 2nd step. (This only works if you are going to be at your desk, however!)
- On the next screen, you should check the box Remember me for 30 days. Select Send Me a Push.
- In your notification area, tap Approve.
Or you you don't see a notification on your lock screen, swipe down to reveal your notification center and select Approve.
You can also open the DUO app and select the pending request green banner.
- Remember that if you are not actively logging in, you should deny login requests!