Before You Start
- Make sure you have a Windows Phone smartphone. (Not Windows Phone? Android and iPhone)
- Make sure you have your username and password for the Microsoft Store.
Download the App
To download the App, click the link below:
If you are unable to run the DUO app for some reason, such as your device is too old or your device is restricted from downloading apps, then use text message (SMS) or phone call methods.
Add Your NNU Account
Go to my.nnu.edu in a web browser (Chrome or Firefox is recommended). Click the Login button.
Presently you need to opt-in to have your account enabled for two-step authentication. Please submit a ticket or call ITS at (208) 467-8111.
- Enter your NNU username and password.
- You will be prompted with a setup notification. Click Start Setup
- Select Mobile phone.
- Enter your cell phone's number (the one you are using with DUO). Hit Continue.
- Select Windows Phone. Hit Continue.
- Go install the DUO Mobile app from Google Play store (if you haven't already). Click I have DUO Mobile installed.
- Open DUO Mobile on your phone. If prompted to allow DUO to access your camera or allow it to send you notifications, click Allow. Click Add Account or the Add account (key + icon).
- Point your camera at the QR code (blurred for security purposes). Click Continue when a green checkbox appears over the QR code.
- At this screen click Continue to Login unless you want to add another login option.
- Select Send Me a Push.
- Hit Approve.