If you are unable to run the DUO app for some reason, as in your device is too old or your device is restricted from downloading apps, then use text message (SMS) or phone call methods.
- Make sure you have an Android Smartphone. (Not Android? Switch to the instructions for Apple iPhone or Windows Phone)
- Make sure you have your username and password for the Google Play store, or it is enabled on your phone.
Download the App
To download the App, you may search in the Play Store, or just click the link below:
When the app is downloaded, don't open it just yet.
Add Your NNU Account
On a computer, go to my.nnu.edu in a web browser (Chrome or Firefox is recommended). Click the Login button.
- Enter your NNU username and password.
- You will be prompted to Start Setup.
- Select Mobile phone.
- Enter your cell phone number (the one you are using with DUO). Hit Continue then confirm the phone number by clicking the next checkbox under.
- Next screen, select Android. Tap Continue.
- If you haven't already, the DUO Mobile app from Google Play store. When installed, go back to your computer and select I have DUO Mobile installed.
- Open DUO Mobile on your phone. You will be prompted to allow DUO to access your camera and send you notifications, tap Allow.
- Tap Add Account. If you don't see Add Account, tap the Key icon in the open app and then Add Account. Your camera will come on.
- Point your camera at the QR code on your computer screen. Tap Continue when a green checkbox appears over the QR code on the computer screen.
- Next, check your login options. We advise adding another device, such as your desk phone, as a backup for logging in. This of course only works if you are going to be at your desk when logging in. If using a cell phone or desk phone, the system will simply dial your phone and you will answer then press any button on your phone to accept the login.
- When you have added all of the devices you want, select the type of notifications you want to use by default when logging in. Most people with a smartphone will use the Duo push notifications.
- Select Continue to login.
- The next screen lets your device and browser to be remembered for 30 days. Check that box before proceeding.
- Select Send Me a Push, Call Me or Enter a Passcode to proceed.
- If you chose Send me a push, your cell phone will have a notification. Tap Approve.
You are finished setting up your phone now.
Remember that if you are NOT logging in, you should not tap Approve when you receive a push notification. If you are in doubt, check the location details on the push screen.